Publications and results from our contributors
- A better way of connecting multiple patients to a single ventilator
The blogpost that was the start of this collaboration, by team Geel, Belgium.
The original medium article >>
- The BathRC model: a method to estimate flow restrictor size for dual ventilation of dissimilar patients.
Mathematical modelling and testing of split circuit with flow restrictor and one-way valves. By team Bath, UK.
PDF of the paper >>
Website where you can calculate volumes and pressure given this model>>
- Splitting one ventilator for multiple patients – a technical assessment
Study of volume and pressure in basic split system without any extra components. By team Oslo, Norway.
Link to paper >>
- [Peer-reviewed] Coping with COVID‐19: ventilator splitting with differential driving pressures using standard hospital equipment
Study of volume and pressure in split system with flow restriction and one-way valves on expiration. By team Melbourne, Australia.
Link to publication >>
- Galway Ventshare website
Information on a split system with flow restriction, one-way valves, and an open-source application to use in combination with an individual flow meter. By team Galway, Ireland.
Link to website >>
- Semi Parallel Muli Patient ventilation
A very original setup, with patients placed in series. Uses less/different components than the parallel setup, but leak alarms would have to be silenced. By Dirk Van Nieuwenhove, Aalst, Belgium.
Link to description >>
- Mount Sinai Health System Emergency Ventilator Sharing Protocol and Instructions for Use
By the team at Mt Sinai, New York, USA.
Link to online document >>
Shared ventilation: how to do it if you have to
Blogpost about the use of a basic split setup with flow restrictor on the inspiration, including additional infomation about patient matching and monitoring. By Simran Kaur Matta, MD.
Link to blogpost >>
- PulmCrit wee – Why the SCCM/AARC/ASA/APSF/AACN/CHEST joint statement on split ventilators is wrong. >>
- www.ventsplit.org >>
- A Simulated Single Ventilator / Dual Patient Ventilation Strategy for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome During the COVID-19 Pandemic >>
- Production of 3D printed components for ventilation systems: practical hints >>
- Information on disinfection of PET-G >>